By Charlaine Harris, Susan Kearney, Susan Krinard, Tanith Lee, Evelyn Vaughn, Julie Kenner, Maggie Shayne, Linda Winstead Jones, Julie Leto, Karen Whiddon
On the earth of the magical, the mind's eye reigns best. Populated through mysterious supernatural beings, mythic creatures and mortals owning awesome powers, the 10 enchanting fantasies during this spellbinding assortment will shipping you to the darkish and incredible realm of ghosts and shapeshifters, werewolves and witches, vampires and demons. arrange to be mesmerized and beguiled via the seductive strength of those darkish and sensual immortals as they do conflict opposed to evil and lengthy for romance and redemption.
Read Online or Download Dark & Dangerous: A Collection of Paranormal Treats PDF
Similar anthology books
The intensity and breadth of technology fiction and delusion fiction keeps to alter with each passing 12 months. The twenty-nine tales selected for this ebook through award-winning anthologist Jonathan Strahan rigorously map this evolution, giving readers a charming and always-entertaining examine some of the best the style has to provide.
Brief tales via one of many maximum poets of the twentieth century.
In the interpretation of MD Herter Norton
Composed in 1899 whilst Rilke was once in basic terms twenty-three, the interconnected stories of "Stories of God" have been encouraged through a visit to Russia the younger poet had made the yr formerly. it truly is stated that the vastness of the Russian panorama and the profound spirituality he perceived within the easy humans he met led him to an event of discovering God in all issues, and to the conviction that God seeks to be recognized by way of us as passionately as we'd search to grasp God. all of the nice topics of Rilke's later strong and complicated poetry are available within the "Stories of God," but their captivating, folktale-like caliber has made them one of the so much available of Rilke's works, cherished via every age.
The Golden Age of technological know-how Fiction Megapacks are designed to introduce readers to vintage technology fiction writers who may possibly rather be forgotten.
Edward Paul Wellen (1919-2011) wrote basically brief tales all through his lengthy profession, basically in either the secret box, but additionally (especially early in his profession) in technology fiction magazines. this is often the second one number of his technology fiction tales we have now released, and it's one other sturdy one.
About the Megapacks
Over the previous couple of years, our “Megapack” sequence of booklet anthologies has proved to be one in all our hottest endeavors. (Maybe it is helping that we occasionally provide them as rates to our mailing checklist! ) One query we maintain getting requested is, “Who’s the editor? ”
The Megapacks (except the place particularly credited) are a gaggle attempt. each person at Wildside works on them. This comprises John Betancourt, Mary Wickizer Burgess, Sam Cooper, Carla Coupe, Steve Coupe, Bonner Menking, Colin Azariah-Kribbs, Robert Reginald. A. E. Warren, and plenty of of Wildside’s authors… who usually recommend tales to incorporate (and not only their very own! )
• “Origins of Galactic Law” was once initially released in Galaxy technology Fiction, April 1953.
• “The giant Cheese” was once initially released in mind's eye, could 1953.
• “Root of Evil” was once initially released in technology tales, December 1953.
• “The Voices” used to be initially released in Universe, March 1954.
• “The global within the Juke Box” was once initially released in Infinity, August 1956.
• “The Superstition Seeders” was once initially released in Infinity, December 1956.
• “The Engrammar Age” was once initially released in Infinity, February 1957.
• “Utter Silence” was once initially released in Infinity, February 1957.
• “Army with no Banners” was once released in Galaxy, April 1957.
• “Sweet Dreams” was once initially released in Infinity, July 1957.
• “Dr. Vickers’ Car” was once initially released in Infinity, October 1957.
• “Note for a Time Capsule” was once initially released in Infinity, March 1958.
• “Old Hat” used to be initially released in impressive tales, may perhaps 1958.
• “IOU” was once initially released in If, March 1961.
• “Deadly Game” used to be initially released in If, might 1962.
From the darkish depths of the previous to the brilliant hopes of the long run, Pati Nagle's tales variety around the palette of human emotion. Named for her Theodore Sturgeon Award Finalist tale, Coyote gruesome, this quantity comprises myth, technology fiction, ancient fiction, romance, secret, and some surprises.
- Palm-of-the-Hand Stories
- So Paddy Got Up: An Arsenal Anthology
- A Shiʻite anthology
- Selected Writings of Juan Ramón Jiménez
- The Year's Best Horror Stories, Series II
Extra resources for Dark & Dangerous: A Collection of Paranormal Treats
The monks sang gregarious chants in honor of the Lord's annotated. They've decided to raise my benefits, and they're making it radioactive! Growing up the lattice work were pink and yellow concubines. Many Jews hang masseuses from their doors. She has unmedicated gall. It's a nice momentum of the occasion. In many states, murderers are put to death by electrolysis. At the university, three classes of professors compromise the teaching staff. The corporation has set up rules for the employees, and we expect you to live up to them sacrilegiously.
But what came out was the message "Come to us and we'll throw gunk on your hair and pull some of it out. " As the following classified classics will demonstrate, there are often more laughs on the advertising and classified pages than you can find in the cartoons and comic strips: Lost: small apricot poodle. Reward. Neutered. Like one of the family. A superb and inexpensive restaurant. Fine foods expertly served by waitresses in appetizing forms. 00. For sale: antique desk suitable for lady with thick legs and large drawers.
The specialist charged exuberant fees. Salary commiserates with experience. Don't tell them who sent it. I want to remain magnanimous.